Here are some tips to help you prepare for your massage in order to get the MOST out of your massage. All of these are strictly tips, you do what’s best for you.
- Scheduling Your Massage:
- Schedule your massage for a time where you will not feel rushed getting to or leaving the appointment. Arriving at your massage appointment relaxed will help you fully embrace the benefits of the massage. Giving yourself down time after the appointment will allow you to drink plenty of water and for your body to absorb the oils used during the treatment. (I use pure Jojoba oil and this stuff is fabulous for your skin, so let that stuff sink in!)
- Pick your massage style – If you aren’t sure what type of massage will help you the most, ask me. I have many different styles of treatment, addressing different areas of the body. Picking the right style will help ensure you leave your appointment with the results you are looking for.
- The Day of Your Massage:
- If you are planning a workout, complete your exercise before your appointment. Your tired muscles will get the most out of your massage. Additionally, there is some risk with working out after a massage. Strenuous post-massage activity will strain the muscles you just relaxed and there is a chance you may injuring yourself.
- Have a warm shower just prior to your massage if time allows. This will help loosen your muscles and make you feel more relaxed.
- No perfume or aftershave – Strong scents can be overwhelming. Part of your massage treatment may include essential oils and perfume or aftershave could compete with the soothing, healing effects.
- Avoid eating a large meal 2-3 hours prior to your appointment. You don’t want to arrive for your appointment feeling bloated and uncomfortably full.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing without a lot of buttons or zippers. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes too.
- After Your Massage:
- HYDRATE!. Plan ahead and bring a refillable water bottle with you, or I am happy to have a cup ready for you as well. Drinking plenty of water after your massage will help rehydrate your muscles. If you don’t like plain water, feel free to add some fresh fruit and jazz it up! It is best not to drink caffeine after your appointment as it can tense the muscles. If you prefer something warm, herbal tea is a great choice. With the weather changing over to fall, I will have some tea options after your massage as well.
Now that you know what to do to prepare, be sure to book your next appointment and experience your massage on a whole other level. Sending Peace and Love!